What do you do if you see graffiti?

Anyone can report acts of graffiti vandalism against public property, community facilities or private property.

If graffiti vandalism occurs on your own property or a property for which you are responsible, you should report the incident as soon as possible.  If you are the victim of graffiti vandalism or wish to inform the relevant authority or property owner for clean-up, you can report graffiti via the Goodbye Graffiti website online report form or hotline on 1800 442 255.

If a report of graffiti vandalism results in the offender being prosecuted, a reward is available to the person who provided that information. In a recent case, a $700 reward was paid to a community-minded citizen whose evidence led to a graffiti vandal being apprehended, having caused more than $50,000 worth of damage over several sites.

People can also report suspicious activity or criminal behaviour to Crime Stoppers WA and remain anonymous by calling 1800 333 000 or sending in an online report at www.crimestopperswa.com.au

The Goodbye Graffiti website, which is an initiative of the WA Police, includes information on the following:

  • Graffiti removal – information on the most effective methods of removing graffiti
  • Graffiti prevention – information on ‘Designing out Crime’, a prevention strategy for crimes such as graffiti
  • Graffiti management – details for local Councils, businesses, schools and private property owners.