- Care and compassion
expectations and goals
- Students to research and create a campaign focused on community safety and crime prevention
- Explain to students that they are going to design a campaign on an issue that is important to them. Tell them that the campaign needs to be about enhancing community safety and crime prevention and focus on one of the following elements:
- Preventing or reducing crime
- Preventing or reducing anti-social behaviour
- Bystander Effect
- Improving community safety and security
- Reducing the fear of crime
- Ask students to view current and past Crime Stoppers campaigns to gain inspiration for their campaign.
- Provide students with access to Campaign planning checklist (Resource 18 below) and ask them to complete to help with the planning process.
lesson focus questions
- What is important to you?
- How can community safety enhance the lives of all those in your family?
- How can I make a difference?
- What do Crime Stoppers promote? What are the values they uphold?
- Design a campaign on an issue that is important to them, focusing on enhancing community safety and crime prevention
download resources and tools
Printable lesson plan [Download Year 9, Lesson 9 plan)
Resource 18: Campaign planning checklist [Download Resource 18]