Crime Stoppers WA has been awarded the 2015 Best Website by Crime Stoppers International for member regions with a population of 1-3 million.
The new Crime Stoppers WA (CSWA) website went live on 21 July 2015, with a vastly improved format and technical capability. Statistics show the new website has clearly improved our online presence.
Members of the public have responded really well to the changes and have made significantly more online crime reports since the new site was launched.
The new website satisfied criteria for visual appeal, quality of message, up-to-date and interactive content, number of visits, online reports and ranking. These qualities have contributed to the ongoing success of Crime Stoppers in Western Australia.
Positive online results have continued in 2016:
- The number of online reports increased by 66% in the period January-June 2016 compared with the same period in 2015.
- The number of people making an online report from a mobile phone has increased by 40% in 2016 compared with the previous year, assisted by the new mobile responsive format and easier-to-use online report form.
- The number of online reports as a proportion of the total contacts received rose by 44% over the same time period in 2015.
- When the search term ‘Crime Stoppers’ is entered into Google, the Crime Stoppers WA site ranks above all the other State and Territory sites in Australia (after the national Crime Stoppers Australia listing).
- Over 94,000 users visited the CSWA website to the end of November 2016, an increase of 21% over the same period in 2015.
Congratulations and thanks go to the staff at Clever Starfish and Crime Stoppers WA, who produced a highly effective new website and created a platform on which we can continue to engage with the public and help make our communities safer.