- 36 years of age at time of disappearance.
- 168cm tall.
- Solid build.
- Black hair.
- Brown eyes.
- Not known what he was last seen wearing.
QUICK CASE FACTS:
- Mr Maru had a long history of epilepsy and lived with his brother in Derby.
- Went fishing with his family at Point Torment on Sunday 30 November 1997.
- Seen by family walking near their camp site around 5pm Sunday 30 November 1997.
Adam Maru was born in July 1961 and lived with his brother in Derby. Mr Maru had a long history of epilepsy.
Around 2pm on Sunday 30 November 1997, Mr Maru went fishing with his brother and other family members at Point Torment, a popular remote fishing spot situated some 30km north of the Derby town site.
The area where Mr Maru and his family were fishing was approximately 250 metres of a tidal mud flat from where their vehicles had been parked. A camp was set next to the vehicles and there was a camp fire 20 metres away on the tidal mud.
About 5pm Mr Maru was seen by a family member walking back to the vehicles and has not been seen or heard of since.
That evening his sister-in-law and family members attended the Derby Police.
If you have any information about Adam Maru’s disappearance, or his movements around Point Torment, please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make an online report below. Please remember that you can remain anonymous if you wish and rewards are offered.