HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU’RE GOING TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS?
We value the information you provide much more than knowing your identity. That’s why we take measures to ensure your anonymity if you prefer it, whether you use the online report form within this website or telephone the call centre on 1800 333 000.
Here are the measures we take to ensure you remain anonymous:
- No caller ID on the call centre telephones (i.e. no phone number shown)
- Your telephone call is never recorded
- We don’t have access to personal data such as your name, email address or house address
- Your IP address, details of the computer you’re using or your whereabouts is never recorded
- WA Supreme Court Case Stated THE STATE OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA -v CHRISTIE  WASC 214
In the above case, the Hon. Justice J McKECHNIE ruled:
“Nothing is advanced that would satisfy me as to the legitimate forensic purpose in disclosing this material. Even if there was some legitimate forensic purpose, I consider that the strong public interest in the confidentiality of all information provided by callers to the Crime Stoppers program would require the public interest immunity to extend over that material”. Para 39