- 11 years of age.
- Fair complexion.
- 150cm tall.
- Brown hair.
- Blue eyes.
- Wearing a black Adidas t-shirt, blue shorts and a blue New York Yankees baseball cap.
QUICK CASE FACTS:
- Gerard lived with his parents and siblings in Newman.
- The family arrived in Rockingham for a holiday on Saturday 11 October 1997.
- At 9:30am on 14 October 1997 Gerard and his brother left the accommodation, heading to a shopping centre nearby.
- Gerard’s body was discovered in the Karnup Pine Plantation on 28 October 1997.
Gerard James Ross was born in November 1985. He lived with his parents and two siblings in Newman, a town approximately 1,186km north of Perth.
Gerard was a quiet and reserved young boy who was well liked by his friends.
Gerard was holidaying with his family and staying in accommodation on Kent Street, Rockingham, having arrived there from Newman around midday, Saturday 11 October 1997.
At approximately 9.30am on Tuesday, 14 October 1997, Gerard and his brother left their accommodation heading to the local shopping centre on Kent Street.
His brother, who was on roller blades, skated ahead on Kent Street having agreed to meet Gerard at the shopping centre. Gerard was last seen walking along Kent Street several houses away from where he was staying.
Gerard was reported missing to Police around 1:00pm on Tuesday 14 October 1997.
On Tuesday, 28 October 1997, (14 days later) the body of Gerard was located on the edge of a limestone track in the Karnup Pine Plantation, off Stakehill Road, Baldivis.
At the time of his disappearance, he was wearing a NY Yankees baseball cap which has not been recovered.
The person or persons responsible for Gerard’s abduction and murder have not yet been identified.
If you have any information about the murder of Gerard James Ross, please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make an online report below. Please remember that you can remain anonymous if you wish and rewards are offered.