- 31 years of age at time of disappearance.
- Fair complexion.
- 5 feet 2 inches (157cm) tall
- Solid build
- Light brown hair
- Hazel eyes
- A wine coloured birthmark on her right forearm about 3 inches below her elbow
- Believed to be wearing either a grey skirt and a grey jumper, or a light coloured floral frock with flat heeled black shoes.
- She also wore a gentleman’s chrome wrist watch with a black leather band.
QUICK CASE FACTS:
- Married with two children.
- Was known mostly as Winifred Cunningham (her maiden name).
- Had two children aged 5 and 4 years.
- Visited her neighbour at 10.00am on 22 October 1959 and stated she would return to her neighbour’s house that afternoon.
- Husband left address at 1.00pm, returning at 1.40pm to find the children in bed and his wife missing.
- Was never seen or heard from again.
Mrs Peace was born in January 1928, and was 31 years of age at the time of her disappearance. Her maiden name was Cunningham and not many people knew her by her married name. She lived in Bentley with her husband and their two young children (aged 5 and 4).
The family home was located on Ellam Street Bentley at the time, however it is now known as St James due to boundary changes over the years. Some media at the time referred to the suburb as Welshpool.
Around 10.00am on Thursday 22 October 1959, Mrs Peace visited her neighbour’s house and they had a 15 minute conversation. Mrs Peace said that she would return to her neighbour’s home later that afternoon to do an errand for her.
Mr Peace stated that on this particular day following a discussion about money, he, his wife and children had lunch together and that he left them around 1.00pm. He further stated that when he returned at 1.40pm the children were in bed, however his wife was not home.
Mr Peace took the children to a friend’s house and went out to search for his wife in the local area, but she could not be located.
Mrs Peace has not been seen or heard from since and was later reported as a missing person.
The person or persons responsible for Mrs Peace’s disappearance have not been identified.
If you have any information about the disappearance of Winifred Mary Peace, please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make an online report below. Please remember that you can remain anonymous if you wish and rewards are offered.