- 23 years of age at time of disappearance.
- Medium build.
- Brown hair.
- Brown eyes.
QUICK CASE FACTS:
- Julie Buck and Richard Milgin were in a relationship.
- Both had young children from previous relationships.
- Last seen on Friday 10 December 1993 in Looma.
- Believed to have left Looma in early 1994 to travel to Derby then onto Kununurra.
- Mr Milgin was reported missing on Wednesday 22 February 1995 by his mother.
- Miss Buck was located deceased in bush-land near Looma on 8 December 1994.
Julie Buck was born in July 1970 and Richard Milgin was born in March 1969 and were in a relationship with each other. Both lived in Looma Community which is situated approximately 120km South East of Derby. Both Miss Buck and Mr Milgin had young children from previous relationships.
Miss Buck was last seen on the evening of Friday 10 December 1993 in company with her boyfriend Mr Milgin in Looma. A belief was held both parties departed Looma with the intention to travel to Derby and onto Kununurra.
It was speculated that they were subjected to punishment for maintain an unsanctioned relationship.
Mr Milgin was reported missing by his mother on Wednesday 22 February 1995.
On Thursday 8 December 1994, several children located Miss Buck’s skeletal remains in scrub, two kilometres northwest of Looma .
The cause of Miss Buck’s death has not been ascertained.
There have been no confirmed sightings of Mr Milgin with Government records indicating no contact with Mr Milgin since 1992, he has also not accessed his bank account since early 1994.
The person or persons responsible for Miss Buck’s death and Mr Milgin’s disappearance have not yet been identified.
If you have any information about the death of Julie Buck or the disappearance of Richard Milgin, please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make an online report below. Please remember that you can remain anonymous if you wish and rewards are offered.