- 22 years of age at time of disappearance.
- Light skinned.
- Dark brown shoulder length hair.
- 160cm (5 feet 3 inches) tall.
- Medium build.
- Green eyes.
- Last seen wearing a black evening dress with a high collar and gold buttons on the shoulder and black patent leather shoes. Carrying a leather shoulder bag and a white plastic bag believed to contain her hotel workers uniform.
QUICK KEY FACTS:
- Working as a room attendant at the Parmelia Hilton Hotel the night before she went missing.
- Went to staff function at her work place after working.
- Went to her vehicle close to the end of the function with a female work colleague.
- Believed to have returned to the function.
- Last seen driving her vehicle from the staff carpark of the Parmelia Hilton Hotel turning left onto Mounts Bay Road around 12.30am Monday 20 June 1988.
- Miss Cutler has not been seen again.
- Vehicle located in the surf off Cottesloe Beach on Wednesday 22 June 1988.
Julie Leanne Cutler was 22 years of age at the time of her disappearance. She enjoyed reading, writing and socialising with friends. She was working casually at the Parmelia Hilton Hotel in Perth as a room attendant and lived in Fremantle with a female flat mate.
On the evening of Sunday 19 June 1988, Miss Cutler was working at the Parmelia Hilton Hotel, 14 Mill Street, Perth. After finishing her shift, she attended a staff awards night at Julianna’s night club, which was part of the Parmelia Hilton. It is believed that around 180 people attended this function until around 12.30am on Monday 20 June 1988.
Miss Cutler and a female co-worker left the work function, walking together to the staff parking area of the hotel. Miss Cutler was seen by her co-worker bending into the open front passenger side door of her car. Miss Cutler’s car was a two-tone grey and black Fiat sedan registered number 6CW749. It is believed that Miss Cutler then re-entered the hotel and function until it finished, before returning to her vehicle and driving away. The Fiat sedan was last seen turning left from Mill Street onto Mounts Bay Road.
Miss Cutler did not arrive home in Fremantle that night and did not attend work at the hotel for her rostered shift later that day.
In the morning of Tuesday 21 June 1988 Miss Cutler’s flat mate reported her missing.
About 11.45am on Wednesday 22 June 1988, Miss Cutler’s car was located several metres off the shore-line at Cottesloe Beach by a swimmer. The car was about half way between the Surf Life Saving Club and the groyne. At this time the car was upside down, half buried in the sand. The rear seat of the vehicle was located separate to the vehicle.
The person or persons responsible for Miss Cutler’s disappearance have not yet been identified.
If you have any information about the disappearance of Julie Leanne Cutler, please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make an online report below. Please remember that you can remain anonymous if you wish and rewards are offered.