- 21 years of age at the time of her disappearance.
- Fair complexion.
- 5 feet 3 inches (160cms) tall.
- Slim build.
- Long red hair.
- Green eyes.
- She was last seen wearing:
- Blue jeans
- A patterned smock top in dark colours with maroon and pink.
QUICK CASE FACTS:
- On the evening of Friday 16 December 1977 was with friends at the Black Forest Tavern, Victoria Park.
- At 11.45pm she and a girlfriend left the tavern and hitched a lift to a friend’s house in Thomas Street, Cannington.
- She left the address alone the next morning to hitch a lift home to feed her pets.
- She was never seen or heard from again.
Lorraine Kessey was born in August 1956 in Perth and was 21 years of age at the time of her disappearance. She was living with a friend and her two dogs and cats in Maddington.
On the evening of Friday 16 December 1977, Miss Kessey was with friends at the Coronation Hotel, 154 Railway Parade in Queens Park (now closed) and went on to the Black Forest Tavern, 744 Albany Highway, Victoria Park (recently known as Daddy Long Legs).
At 11.45pm that evening Miss Kessey and a girlfriend left the Black Forest Tavern and hitched a lift to a house in Thomas Street, Cannington where they socialised with friends.
Miss Kessey left the Thomas Street house in the early hours of the following morning, 17 December 1977, intending to hitch a lift to her home in Maddington. She didn’t want to stay the night in Thomas Street because she wanted to get home to feed her pets. She never reached her home in Maddington and was later reported as a missing person.
Information received after a public appeal at the time revealed Miss Kessey was last seen near the Carousel Shopping Centre on Albany Highway, Cannington.
The person or persons responsible for Miss Kessey’s disappearance have not been identified.
If you have any information about Lorraine Kessey’s disappearance, or her movements after leaving the house in Cannington, please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make an online report below. Please remember that you can remain anonymous if you wish and rewards are offered.