- 20 years of age at time of disappearance.
- Light skinned.
- 173cm tall.
- Thin build.
- Auburn hair.
- Green eyes.
- It is believed that she was wearing:
- A black suede jacket with a zip which is about hip length and worn open. The jacket has a contrasting zip.
- A black plain sweater with a round neck.
- Black jeans, possibly Levi brand with a button fly.
- Black/white shoes.
- Gold ring (similar to one pictured).
- Deep olive green bag with orange on top (similar to one pictured) containing lipstick and a mobile phone.
QUICK CASE FACTS:
- Was working in Claremont on the day of her disappearance, Wednesday 8 November 2000.
- Was meeting an unknown man in Bassendean after work.
- Left work in her vehicle, a white Ford Meteor sedan, registration number 7FO731.
- Was to pick up her younger sister at 8.30pm that evening in Mount Helena.
- Was reported missing the following day.
- Sarah’s vehicle was located in the car park of Swan Districts Hospital in Middle Swan 12 days later, Monday 20 November 2000.
Sarah Anne McMahon was born in July 1980 and lived in Parkerville with her parents and younger sister. She was employed as a secretary at a business in Claremont.
On Wednesday 8 November 2000, Miss McMahon spent the day at her workplace in Claremont.
At 5.00pm Miss McMahon told a co-worker that she was meeting a man in Bassendean at 5.30pm and she could not be late and left the workplace around 5.15pm.
Miss McMahon received a phone call from her sister around the same time agreeing to collect her from the Mount Helena Baptist Church at 8.30pm that evening.
Miss McMahon was seen by a witness getting into her white 1986 Ford Meteor sedan, registration number 7FO731, close to her work before talking to someone on her mobile phone.
A female friend rang Miss McMahon’s mobile phone at 5.59pm but her mobile phone was switched off. It was very unusual for Miss McMahon to have her phone off.
Miss McMahon did not show up to collect her sister that evening at 8.30pm as previously arranged.
Miss McMahon was reported missing on Thursday 9 November 2000 by her mother.
Miss McMahon has not been seen since.
About 9.00pm on Monday 20 November 2000 (some 12 days later), Miss McMahon’s vehicle was located in the car park of the Swan Districts Hospital, Eveline Road, Middle Swan. The car appeared to have been parked at the hospital for some days.
Miss McMahon’s mobile telephone was located later on Great Northern Highway near the Swan Districts Hospital.
If you have any information about Sarah Anne McMahon’s disappearance, or her movements after leaving her workplace in Claremont on Wednesday 8 November 2000, please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make an online report below. Please remember that you can remain anonymous if you wish and rewards are offered.