- 45 years old at time of disappearance.
- Tanned complexion.
- 175cm tall.
- Medium build.
- Brown hair.
- Brown eyes.
QUICK CASE FACTS:
- Arrived in Western Australia, from Poland, in 1982.
- Married in 1993 and lived with his wife and her son in Maylands.
- Mr Chlebny marriage ended sometime in 1998.
- He subsequently began residing at Ocean View Lodge, Hampton Road Fremantle.
- Last known sighting of Mr Chlebny was 7 August 1998.
- Mr Chelbny failed to attend a scheduled appointment on 28 August 1998.
- On Wednesday 7 May 2008 the skeletal remains of Mr Chlebny were located in a bush grave approximately 32 kilometres north of Menzies.
Mr Chelbny was born in Poland 15 November 1952 and immigrated to Australia in 1982. In June 1993, he married and lived with his wife and her 6 year old son in Maylands, Western Australia.
The relationship failed sometime in 1998 and Mr Chelbny moved to the Ocean View Lodge on Hampton Road, Fremantle.
Mr Chelbny attended an appointment on 7 August 1998 which is the last confirmed sighting. He failed to attend his next scheduled appointment on 28 August 1998.
There has been no confirmed sighting of Mr Chelbny after this date.
Mid-morning on Wednesday 7 May, 2008 a witness was driving from Leinster to Menzies, some 100 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie. He stopped his vehicle in a dedicated unsealed truck bay 32 kilometres north of Menzies where he walked a short distance into the bush.
The witness discovered what appeared to be a bush grave containing remains. The remains were later identified to be that of Jacek Chelbny.
To date, the person/s responsible for Jacek Chelbny death have not been identified.
If you have any information about Jacek Chlebny’s death, or his movements after 7 August 1998, please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make an online report below. Please remember that you can remain anonymous if you wish and rewards are offered.